Saturday, October 5, 2013

Pacific Rim Tablerunner

The Pacific Rim company has made a line of fabric that will make monies for Veterans medical care.  The quilt shop, Thimble N Thread in Richland Center WI has joined with them to sell these fabrics and are in the process of making  the kits and making samples.

I was given one of the table runners and told I could just do my thing.  The owner imagined since I love feathers it would be filled with feathers.  No, not a feather in sight.   My mind thought a star theme would work well.  The quilting is secondary and not noticeable from across the room, just some of the texture. That of course depends on the angle you see it from. But the quilting does not take over.  It is those wonderful red stars that show up first.



 

My first thought was of concentric stars with micro quilting in between the stars.   I would basically turn the background a different color so that the stars would puff.   On the inside of the patchwork stars, I did an 8 point star using the patchwork as my guide points.




On the border, I learned never to use my ruler measuring from close to me to the other side.  You can't see the line well and have to peer over the whole quilt.  Start in the back and come forward.  I also learned it is faster to do all the lines first and then go back and fill in the wider spaces with the meandering.





While only straight lines, meandering and pebbles were used, it still looks complicated.   It was an honor to be part of the project

No comments:

Post a Comment