Monday, October 21, 2013

What I have been working on

My sister bought a wonderful leather square with a design she liked.  We used it as the basis for a tote bag.  The leather piece was actually used as a pocket.  The strap hanging down on the left is for the hidden zippered pocket under the top flap.  That zipper and the hardware that lets the strap adjust in size were rescued from a kid's backpack.  There is even a zipped pocket inside a zipped pocket inside the tote.  The back has a slide in pocket that I find handy for stuffing hand outs and other non valuable items.





The local quilt group, the River Valley Stitchers, wanted a  lesson on bindings particularly on non square corners.   Elaine has two wonderful table runners that will be used for the lesson.


 Those great corners in the quilting  on the fill in triangles were accomplished with a ruler that had a 90 degree angle.




I took Angela Walter's Dot to Dot class.  The leaf is the first place I applied what I had learned.


No comments:

Post a Comment